Hi readers, this is Raksha Koppal – let’s make life simple. I would like to start by welcoming you all back to my blog.
We are down by 12 days in 2019, where did they go… no idea. This is the year I have decided to be punctual and post regularly.
Mostly my blog will have content on food and recipes because I am a foodie. But I have plans to include content on lifestyle and living, so stay tuned for the new and exciting year 2019.
Back to today’s blog, broccoli and zucchini rice, it may not sound very pleasing but tastes good and very healthy too. To make this you need pre-planning as broccoli and zucchini are not readily available in all kitchens. So the first thing you need to do is add them to your grocery list. That being said let’s see what else do we need
Rice – 2 cups ( white / brown)
Broccoli – 250 g
Zucchini – 1 medium ( yellow / green)
Bell pepper – 1 medium ( red / yellow / green)
White Onions – 1 medium
Red chilly paste – 1 1/2 table spoon
Garlic – 4 pods ( optional )
Cumin powder – 1/ 2 table spoon
Pepper powder – 1 tea spoon
Cilantro leaves – a handful
Lime juice – 2 table spoon
Oil – 3 – 4 table spoon
Salt as per your taste.
1. Wash the rice and soak it for 10 minutes. Cook it separately and let it cool before using.
2. Heat water in a pan with salt, add broccoli to boiling water and cook it for 5 – 10 minutes or until its 3/4 cooked.
3. In a thick bottom pan, heat the oil and add garlic, sauté for a minute followed by red chilly paste and again sauté it.
4. Now add bell pepper, zucchini and onions and fry them. ( please follow this order when adding vegetables as the cooking time for bell pepper is more compared to another vegetable that we are using here).
5. Add salt, roasted cumin powder and pepper powder, Mix well and cook until your vegetables are done.
6. Add the cooked rice to this and fry for couple minutes, ensure you coat the rice well with veggies and masala. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Before serving add chopped cilantro leaves and lime juice.
Broccoli and zucchini rice is ready. It sounds simple, but this brings out the flavour of your vegetables and also it’s very healthy. Do try and leave a comment below. See you until next time.