Hey readers, a very happy weekend. It’s been quite some time since I posted on the blog. but in spite of it, I have been receiving endless comments, love and support from all of you. Thank you so much, hearing from you guys gives me the energy to continue writing. Love you all for this. And I apologise for delay caused in replying to your comments. I will am doing my best to get back to you at earliest possible.
Travelling has always intrigued me, I always wanted to experience the place I travel too as a local person rather than a tourist. In order to able to do this, you need to be a good researcher and also a light traveller. As an experienced traveller, I have realised more than I want to agree on I carry unnecessary items while on the road just to be safe.
It took me a lot of time to overcome this attitude of mine. I have been working on the list of items that every traveller should pack with them while travelling. It took me one year to come up with a list I will be sharing below.
Recently we had a trip planned to Rajasthan, I took this opportunity to put my research to test. We did have a good time enjoying the city, the beauty and architecture of Rajasthan was marvellous. And yes the list helped me cut back on my language and travel light.
Today through this blog I am sharing the top essential that I carry while travelling. I hope this post helps you prioritise the things you need to pack while travelling.
Things that your travel bag should have
A quick tip: Before you start packing your travel essentials, decide on the bag that you would be carrying. It is important that the bag you carry while travelling should be comfortable and suitable for your entire journey.
Suppose you want to travel to multiple cities and use public transport for reaching them, then it is suggested to take a backpack or travel bag that is lightweight and has enough room to fit all your essential.
On the other hand, if you are just visiting a single location and not moving around much then carrying a trolley or suitcase makes sense.
You getting back to the list
1. Electronics: the first item on my list of travel essentials is definitely electronics. I am not a gadget person yet I want my basic with me while I travel. But instead of carrying a number of electronics while travelling cut down to the ones you actually need. A carry a tab while I travel, as it is comfortable enough for me to work on, make calls, reply to emails and also watch shows. Additionally, I prefer carrying my camera as I click a lot of pics. So take a minute and think of the things you want your electronic gadget to do. And pick one or two that can have multiple usages.
2. A light Jacket: this is one thing I cannot travel with. I always carry a light jacket with me, this has multiple usages. The jacket can be used to protect your skin and hair from pollution, dust, sun, wind or it can be used to cover your body while sleeping, it can also serve as a makeshift pillow and etc. My jacket has always been a lifesaver for me
3. Clothes: it is true that one cannot travel without carrying clothes. And we all love looking pretty while on a trip. For this, at times we go overboard and pack multiple outfits. But remember carrying more or fewer outfits than required is not right, based on the number of days you are travelling and season pick an appropriate number of pieces. In summer I carry a number of clothes that are light and easy to fold. In winter I carry more tops and cut down on the pants. And also I prefer using travel cubes for each kind of clothing. All these tips have helped me travel comfortably and light at the same time.
4. Toilers and cosmetics: this is one thing I have realised that you cannot forget to pack. Even if the hotel provides with basic hygiene items I prefer to carry my own. I once did a challenge where I tried the hotel offered hygiene items, it was not bad but I was not comfortable. Carrying your personal hygiene I travel cases is easy and also gives you the satisfaction of being able to continue with your routine without having to compromise.
5. Extra bag: yes you heard me right I never travel without an extra bag. Carrying a simple and foldable extra bag is a great way to save money on plastic bags. Also in case, you buy any gifts for yourself or family numbers this extra bag comes in hand. Having an additional option to carry your stuff is always better than having to purchase one.
6. Book: one other essential I love carrying is a small book. Here I make a note of all important information like places to see, things to do, contact person details and direction. This book is a great way to track your expenses while travelling.
7. Wallet and water bottle: these two items are the most important part of your travel. Keep a separate wallet for travelling, do not carry your bulky and heavy wallets filled with number cards and receipts. Use a simple and small wallet that you can hold cash and cash. This should be pretty sufficient for your entire trip. These days most countries are going cashless, there are a number of apps and payment modes use them instead of carrying different cards. One other item I don’t miss carrying is an empty water bottle, having this handy saves money of purchasing one and reducing in plastic waste.
8. Seasonal items: the last essential that you should not miss while travelling is seasonal items. Hats and scarves for the summer and jackets, boots and thick socks for winter. Check the local weather and carry seasonal items. Packing sunglasses to cold place is no use and at the same item carrying multiple pair of socks to hot climate is a waste of space. Decide on your miscellaneous items to carry while travelling based on the weather of the place you are travelling to.
Please share your thoughts and experience with packing by commenting below.
Photo courtesy: pexels.com royalty-free images.